IRT Foundation supports research reflecting the key issues critical to ageing well in Australia.
Since its establishment in 2009, the Foundation has committed over $1.9 million in research grants into issues such as dementia, active ageing, integration of technology into aged care and supporting people who wish to remain at home. View project overviews and findings.
We want to ensure older people benefit from the latest information so we assist researchers in disseminating research outcomes. We also support information being made publicly available through journal publications, media, website and distribution through industry networks and through IRT Group's operational staff.
IRT Foundation supports a range of research projects into issues such as dementia, active ageing, integration of technology into aged care and supporting people who wish to remain at home.
We hold research symposia for researchers who have been supported by IRT Foundation to present their work.
Past symposia and events have included:
- Age Positively Research Forum - 13 December 2016
- Illawarra Research Symposium: Living Well, Longer - 10 April 2015
- Living Well Longer: Research in Ageing in the Illawarra - 8 November 2013.
- Living Alone with Dementia: Launch of Research to Practice Guide - 19 September 2013.
- Ageing in the Illawarra: How research is making a difference - 19 October 2012.