Supporting age-friendly communities
IRT Foundation is a key element of IRT Group's commitment to give back to the community - supporting research, education and advocacy activities and partnering with community groups and organisations to achieve age-friendly communities.
We do this through:
- our Research Grants Program that supports leading Australian researchers to improve the mind, mobility and lifestyle of seniors
- our Community Grants Program that funds practical solutions for achieving age-friendly communities
- our Education and Advocacy Program that bringing stakeholders, decision makers and industry partners together through topical speaker series and research symposia to achieve collaborative outcomes for older Australians
IRT Foundation's annual Community Grants Program delivers practical age-friendly initiatives within communities.
The Community Grants Program will complement our existing activities.
- Since 2009 the Research Grant Program has funded over $1.8 million in grants to support research that helps older Australians age well.
- In addition to its grant programs the Foundation supports a range of education and advocacy initiatives on behalf of older Australians.
- Our IRT Foundation’s Gala Fundraiser is held in Wollongong each year. All proceeds from ticket sales and on the night will go directly towards community initiatives and research. To find out more please contact our Community Programs Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1800 024 915.
Towards 2020 is IRT Group's vision for the future. It's a philosophy that sets the direction for the organisation to 2020. To do this, we need to be a company doing better, to do more.
The strategic direction of the Foundation is determined by the IRT Foundation Committee. Steered by Dr Lee Moerman, the IRT Foundation committee consists of board representatives, external representatives with expertise specific to the IRT Foundation and IRT staff. The Committee reports to the IRT Group Board of Directors to ensure the Foundation's activities are consistent with the Mission and Values of IRT Group.
We influence, improve and add value to communities in which we operate, creating age-friendly physical and social environments. One of the ways we do this is through our Community Advisory Panel. Our Community Advisors provide valuable local insight to inform IRT Foundation's activities and ensure local decision making underpins our ongoing community engagement.
IRT Foundation's Community Advisory Panel is made up of members from all six IRT geographic areas (QLD, ACT, S/E Sydney, Shoalhaven, Illawarra, Eurobodalla).
If you’d like to know more information about our Community Advisory Panel, please contact IRT Foundation.
Watch Towards 2020
Read Towards 2020 (pdf)
Read Doing better to do more (pdf)
Read more about IRT Group